Skip to content
- Chez Tousignant – Some of the best burgers I have ever had!
- Le Darling – a Nice restaurant with good drinks and food that is open late
- Le Majestique Montreal – Same restaurant group as Le Darling with an Oyster and wine pairing focus
- Au Pied de Cochon – Pork focus with duck in cans, one of our favorite restaurants. Get a reservation well ahead of your trip.
- Fairmount Bagels – Our favorite bagel spot
- larrys – Small, great dinner spot with great beverages
- Jardin Nelson – If you have to eat lunch in old city this a decent place with a good atmosphere during the summer, we have always tried to go to Olive et Gourmando but it is always packed
- Gibeau Orange Julep – Fun if you have a car and kids. The building is a huge orange. The juleps are tasty but only worth it if you have a car. Hot dogs blew out mind.
- Provisions Restaurant – Tasting menu with great wine and beer. We really enjoyed this place
- Provisions Bar à Vin – Wine Bar with a Steak problem. They have amazing looking steaks. Same restaurant group as Provisions.
- Ma Poule Mouillée – Portuguese rotisserie chicken! There is always a line but this place is absolutely fantastic. Just of la Fontaine
- La Banquise – Across the street from Ma Poule, open all night, always a line, known for their poutine.
- Vices & Versa – Great beer selection
- Pit Caribou Pub – Open late, off of Park La Fontaine, close to poutine, the bar of a brewery from Gaspésie. Really good beer and very friendly bar staff
- Dieu du Ciel! – Brewpub, some of our favorite beers!
- Réservoir – Quick food, great guest beers at this small brewpub
- Broue Pub Brouhaha – Out of the way but this brewpub has lots of great beers and a comfortable atmosphere.
- Benelux – Great place to sit outside and enjoy decent brews if you are in that are.
- Boni-Soir – Dépanneur Peluso inc. – Beer store, buy us beer and bring it to South Philly
- Isle de Garde Brasserie – Great beers, good atmosphere, always made it here later in the evening and always admire the bathroom floor made from pennys.
Things to do
- Tam Tams – Weekly drum festival that happens on Sundays in MountRoyal Park
- Jean Talon Market – Great open-air market with all things tasty
- Shopping – Walk St Laurent from the Plateau to Mile End dropping into shops along the way.
- Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal – Fantastic collection here, especially if you like modern art. We really enjoyed the furniture design exhibition.